It’s no nice pictures today and no – not a hymn to Pablo Escobar either. Instead it’s a plea to support my wonderful hubby in his fundraising efforts for a good cause.
While we were sailing we always tried to bring nothing but good deeds to the places we visited, eg cleaning up beaches in Greece, offering free yoga classes to refugees in Malta or helping street kids in Morocco. Now back in Sydney, Pablo takes great joy in growing his Mo over a month – in his own words “please support my embarrassment by making a donation, your funds will go to world-class programs in the areas of prostate cancer, testicular cancer and poor mental health”.
Here are some interesting facts about Movember:
- 21 Participating countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Hong Kong, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and USA
- 5,232,625 Mo Bros and Mo Sistas since 2003
- AUD $770 million raised since 2003
- 1,200 men’s health projects funded since 2003
- NGO Advisor ranks the Movember Foundation as 55th in the top 500 NGOs around the world.
- The 2015 Innovation Index names the Movember Foundation the most innovative not-for-profit organisation in Australia.
- The Movember Foundation becomes the first charity to receive cult brand status from The Gathering.