Have you checked yourself out in the mirror today? If you notice a hunched back, ponder a moment on whether you are trying to protect your heart space. Or are you feeling clingy? Or physically unable to breathe fully? Mentally afraid of getting hurt? Emotionally not worthy of love? Does it feel scary to make yourself vulnerable? It is! But only in vulnerability can one also find the true depth and beauty of life. Rethink. Are you holding back in giving and/or receiving love? Not letting go of old emotions?
An open heart chakra gives the ability for unconditional love. Most parents will understand. No matter what is thrown at you, you keep loving, reaching out with your arms (the action organs of your Anahata!) and distributing hugs. Makes everyone feel better! The big LOVE – the yes to life, the sunlight sparkling in your eyes, not only the romantic love. I know it’s hard! But let’s try anyway. A few ideas for today:
- Smile at everyone you see today – even if you have to force it.
- Forgive and move on. Life is too short to hold grudges.
- Give friends, family and co-workers positive affirmations and feedback.
- Try to not criticise anyone or anything just for today – including yourself!
- Add a few extra backbends to your yoga practice like Ustrasana, Dhanurasana or Anahatasana.